Situational Writing- Some Useful Expressions  

Posted by Sg Student resources

Making Choices-Comparing outcomes

  • The XXX is certianly worth considering as.....
  • having thought through/considered the various options/alternatives, I feel that XXX should be adopted.
  • XXX's idea seems the most convincing as it is well thought through and most comprehensive and detailed.
  • In no uncertain terms, the XXX package is most appropriate for....
  • The XXX idea, is by far, the most feasible and practical....
  • Having considered the merits and demerits of all three proposals. this XXX proposal is still the most fessible and plausible.
  • Desipte the few minor drawbacks/shortcommings/setbacks/limitations, the XXX proprosal is still worth considering because.....
  • True, the XXX proprosal has a few limitaions/constraints, but they are dar outweighed by the numerous disavantages/benefits/merits.
  • While the other two XXX have thier merits, this XXX is even more creditable...
  • Undeniably, the other two options have their merits/benefits/strengths, but they do have some serious drawbacks. XXX, however,....
  • This XXX idea far surpasses the others in terms of...
  • This XXX is comparatively/relatively more advantages....
Expressing a view
  • I am of the opinion of/view that
  • I tend to think that
  • My view/opinion is that
  • In my opinion.view,...
  • I would recommend /advocate that....
  • I hold the view/opinion that...
  • I am all for...
Expressing disagreement/disapproval
  • I disagree with the view that...
  • i disapprove of that...
  • I reject....
  • I tend/am inclined to reject the...
Topic Shifters(in informal letters espcially , for engaging reader
  • By the way,
  • Incidentally,...
  • Anyway,...
  • Oh yes,...
  • That reminds me...
  • As I was saying before....
Conversation markers(in informal letters espcially , for engaging reader)
  • As you well know,...
  • I suppose,..
  • Come to think of it,....
  • Well,...
  • Guess what,...
  • i don;t suppose you've heard of it....
  • Thank goodness...
Concluding remarks(in informal letters espcially , for engaging reader)
  • Do write often
  • Do stay in touch
  • We'll keep in touch
  • bye for now
  • Till we meet again
  • Do send my regards to...
  • Don;t forget to write...

This entry was posted on 2:24 AM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments